Wednesday 13 July 2005

Nature vs. Nurture: Who the fuck cares?

Every time I read an article like this, I get so angry. The whole nature vs. nurture debate has gone on far too long. There's even a poll on the MSNBC web site, but they left one critical choice out - 1) who the fuck cares?

The proper answer is to resist being pulled into the debate about whether one was born that way or society made someone that way, it's not relevant. I don't give a fuck. If someone wants to be with someone of the same sex, fine. If someone wants to be with the opposite sex, fine. If someone wants to pick and choose and cross the line back and forth, I'm jealous as hell that their pool is bigger, but that's their choice. It makes no difference when this kicks in, whether it's at birth, or they wait till later in life. I don't care, neither should you.

The issue here is civil rights for all. To go down the path of this debate I feel is dangerous. If it's nature, they'll try and come up with a genetic "cure" or they'll come up with a test which will allow them to abort fetuses that have this gene. If it's societal, they'll continue these brainwashing programmes that tell you how horrible a person you are for choosing this lifestyle, and how happiness lies on the other side of the fence and all you have to do is cross your legs women and spritz some perfume on, and men just need to pick up an axe and spit more. Fuck off, is my response. It's none of your fucking business who I climb into bed with and why I'm this way - to try and identify a reason implies homosexuality is wrong. Sorry, but that's a judgment and I don't give a shit what you think about my bedroom antics.

It's my choice, it's my business and I'll thank you to stay out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment