Sunday 15 October 2006

Noam Chomsky is my gawd

I'm an atheist (sometimes I downgrade that label to agnostic) - regardless, I worship Noam Chomsky. His writings, speeches and debates never cease to amaze me. I can't get enough of them. I'm constantly amazed when I read his work or watch a speech how he maintains a level of calm I could never begin to dream of matching. Oh I suppose if I had a few hundred years I could absorb the amount of information he has inside his head, but I could still never remain calm the way he does. How can he not go crazy with all that information? How does he remain optimistic? Why does society consider his approach, logic and philosophy to be so beyond mainstream politics? What a sad statement on society that we do not embrace him. How brainwashed are we as a society? Are we beyond repair? I love reading his works, but at the same time I feel angrier and angrier the more I read. He's remains optimistic, how so?

No comments:

Post a Comment